Skip to main content

Wait a minute!

I was shocked! Although i vaguely remember the exact sequence of those events, the cumulative effect is probably scarier, or thought provoking, talking of the least.


It was some minutes past 12 in the night.


I was busy writing something on my laptop. Just then, due to excessive heating or virus, lappy went off. I was aware of this wierd reaction of my laptop because it had been happening for quite some days now. I think it was just overworked after me exploiting it for my 3 years of BMM. I had to wait for sometime before it starts again, so i decided to take a stroll out in the balcony for a minute. One minute. Yea thats how long my laptop needs to start up completely. Like it takes around 20 seconds initially, and 40 seconds because of some idiotic NOD 32 anti-virus! Like everytime i shut my comp, i had to wait endlessly for a minute! How annoying! All my friend's fault. *laughs*

60 seconds remaining.

I got up, walked up to the balcony. A man was running vigorously downstairs. I was on the fourth floor, on my toes as i wanted a better picture of the on-goings, holding the black steel rods for support. All i could see was a figure running in some direction, another figure some few distance behind him, with a torch in his hand. The torch light would randomly startle the small plants around. Yes, they were running in the complex garden.

I promise, i din't know what to do. So i just got back to my laptop.

40 Seconds remaining. It said.

I was the only one home, who was wide awake at this hour. For the others, it was like mid-night! Ooops! It was mid-night already.
Then what's that sound? I ran towards the kitchen. "it must be someone for mid-night snacks" i thought to myself. Well, I was wrong. I couldn't find a soul around the kitchen area at all.

OK this was getting creepy. I has seen a movie sometime back at this hour. "the sixth sense" A wrong movie to watch alone at 2 in the night, when your house is next to a highway giving you constant thuds of trucks that pass by all night. Plus those dogs barking their asses off.

I cleared my throat to make some noise, in case someone is just out there to scare me, he should know i am not. Yeah, right!

I don't know the reason, but it started to get a little spooky there in that room.

Thinking about the watchman and 'the guy who ran faster than the watchman', I thought someone passed my left side. I turned behind immediately, but i guess, it was just too late by then.

I was on the floor, my head hurt bad because of the thud against the floor, my limbs numb.

I was scared. Pale.

I need to admit something. I get this sort of wierd sense, warning me about somehting that is going to happen. They are all coded. Coded in some language, symbols, actions, people, something or anything that is in and around me. I have to first gather the information, put it together, and notice if at all there exsists any pattern in the events/cues at hand. Well, in most parts, I do figure out the catch, maybe not completely, but getting somewhere close to it.

Someting similar was going on then. I knew someting is happening in this room, but just couldn't figure it out. The clues were not making any sense to me.

As i tried gaining my sense back from he fall, something struck me.
I could finally see something.
My fear of nothingness was now standing in front of me. Upright, with a winning smile that meant it had conquered me, and ready to take on me forever.

I smiled back. Not to convey that i had given up. But, thanking him. I was not scared of him anymore, I told myself. Its just..'nothing'. Don't get scared. Don't panic. He wont eat you up.
I was smiling my best. My winning smile. I saw him dissappear in thin air.

Getting back to my laptop.

5

4

3

2

1

0 seconds.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Post-it

Waking up to the sounds of nature, She did all she could to avoid her start to the day. The routine wasn't hers to follow, so God help those who wanted to help her. With a bag full of munchies and a bouncy walk with the blaring music in her ears, she walked to her regular book store - one that was not ruined by the virtues of modern technologies. In the pile of her books, behind her glasses, she felt like a princess in her own right. Owning the world of words. Conquering all thoughts. Riding her horse of imagination. "This one is tricky",  she heard a voice which almost felt like it came from within. "I can't seem to decide what book I want read. They all either equally good, or well, equally bad." Slowly rising from the top rim of the book, her eyes tried to make sense of what her ears just caught. "Sir, what genre of books do you read?", asked the furious sales woman behind the counter. She was obviously not happy with this confused customer who

Gimme gimme.. mooooore! THIS DAY AND THAT THINGS!

Walking on a street in Nerul (Navi Mumbai), at 11.30 in the night, you are singing ‘Maujja hi Maujjaa’, dancing ‘wierdly’ to the tunes of ‘Nasik dhol’ hums, smiling your way to glory, its just a hangover of the historic match in ‘D.Y. Patil stadium’ – the bbbigest stadium in Mumbai, witnessing its first match ever! ‘Mumbai Indians match tickets! Please get me a ticket I beg you!’ Here starts my journey to get to my FIRST MATCH in a stadium, ever! The‘oh! My god! I am so egg-xited’ syndrome never seemed to end. Arrangements to the stadium and back were all done, don’t ask how! Well, after all not everyone gets the opportunity to such a historic match, you see. Ok, try and get the picture. You are 12-15 youngsters, in 3 different cars, getting to a stadium, 4 hours in advance. In the car, with absolutely no idea of the scorching heat outside, the smoke of the trucks and other vehicles, the traffic, its just The Match in our heads at the moment. You reach the parking place next to the sta

Y?

Hey. my first post. really nervous. *sniggers* hehe My first blog... my baby... awww. ok so NOW ... a small favor for me and Y?.. we just want to know how will our blog be percieved as. And what kind of people will be viewing my blog and nyaa nyaa... SO. Interpret this picture for me. You may leave your comments here. thanks. ruchi.